Pages

Tuesday, May 29

Weekend Rewind- Memorial Day Edition

I hope everyone had a relaxing 3 day weekend ( if you had yesterday off). We had a busy weekend, it was fun just busy.

I read Fifty Shades of Grey, this weekend. I know some people who have read and who are reading it and wanted to know what it was all about. Yes I had heard the general concept, but people kept telling me it there was a story behind it beyond the obvious. When the book started I was pretty disgusted but as I got into it I really liked it! Yes Christian Grey is strange but I am told the 2nd book gets better. I am borrowing my moms Kindle to read it. Has anyone else read it? What are your thoughts?

Here is a little ( long) recap of our weekend:

Friday-

We went to Kelsey's graduation, I did really well until they sang a song about going to Kindergarten.. then I almost lost it but I was good :) Her class did such a great job on all their songs! Kelsey got the award for being the biggest helper in her class!



After graduation we headed to the lake for the after prek after party! We had a great time, it was fun letting the kids play together and talking to some of the parents. I wish we had done it at the beginning of the year instead of the end, but it is ok! We were talking at dinner and I realized that I went to high school with one of the other moms there. It is crazy because normally we are the youngest ones and even though she graduated a year before me, I felt like I wasn't so young! I always have a hard time with that...knowing I am usually 10 years younger than any of the other moms there...but there was no judgement with these ladies, we had a great time :) The teachers even showed up for a few minutes and the kids thought that was so cool! We stayed there until dark and headed home, I was ready to go to bed!
Prek after party :)

Saturday-

We got up Sat morning, went to breakfast and went shopping for a while. It was nice not having any real plans that morning. I got a message from a mom from Kelsey's class and she said that there was a "glow" party Saturday night at a place called Adventure Kids. We had never been and it sounded like fun! I am glad we went. Kelsey and Hayden had a blast. Two of the boys that Kelsey is really good friends with were also there. They are the 2 kids that have been together since they were 1 years old.


Chase, Kelsey and Tanner


Kelsey and Chase... they have been "boyfriend/girlfriend for 4 years :)



Best Buddies

Sunday-

We got up early and went up to my aunts house to trade clothes with my cousin, she is pregnant with a little girl and has a 2 1/2 year old boy, so we traded :) They live on the lake and Hayden loved going down to the dock and seeing the water. After that we just hung around the house, took a nap and after dinner we went to a park on the lake by the house to walk around and let Tonka run. We found out that we have a water dog! He loves it, and he is a great swimmer :) He jumped right in after his sticks and did great. Hayden thinks he is a water dog to and tried to run in after Tonka....resulting in wet shorts!
5 Months old- Can you believe it?

Monday-

Travis had to finish up a side job so I was on my own, I needed to clean the house, but just couldn't get motivated to do it. So I decided to get caught up on the laundry. It is almost all done just needs to be put away. I got Kelsey and Hayden's rooms cleaned and laundry put away so that made me feel better. We cooked out on the grill for dinner and headed back to the lake to let the kids swim for a little bit. Kelsey jumps right in and so does Hayden. Tonka was the same as the night before he jumps in and goes underwater! Travis and I called him a submarine dog. I started to go in the water with Hayden and Tonka came running in and swimming after me, but when Travis did it he stayed on the shore... He would come out with me make a circle around us and swim to the shore..we might have a problem if I go swimming in a pool with him around.

Today everyone is back at work. Kelsey is spending the week with my mother in law so our house will be somewhat quiet..Hayden is going to be so lost without his sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment