Pages

Wednesday, May 16

weekend ideas?

Travis is going camping this weekend and I want to do something fun while he is gone. I thought about having a girls night, but I will have my kids because getting a babysitter these days is close to impossible! Then I thought that we don't really have the extra money to spend on me going out for a night. So with all that said I want to do something fun w/the kids that is free or fairly cheap. Any ideas??

Maybe it will be a good night to put the kids to bed and enjoy some movies and a glass of wine...sounds good to me :)

We have been doing a pretty horrible job this week with our Paleo diet... last night I was thinking about what to cook for dinner and started craving Italian comfort food. So I went through my mental check list of ingredients in my head and decided we had everything to make chicken Parmesan. I googled a quick recipe and looked for the easiest one with the least amount of ingredients and off I went. I had not ever made it before, but I will give myself props and say it was really good. Here is the recipe I used for it. I served some sauteed squash and zucchini with it and a wonderful glass of Cupcake moscato. Do you ever just have a rough or challenging day where you throw everything out the window and eat/drink whatever you want?

If you like sweet wine and try to Cupcake brand Moscato...It is my favorite and it makes me feel more grown up than drinking Arbor Mist...

I was thrilled last night when I saw Hayden driving his jeep by the house, usually he rides passenger and lets Kelsey drive, but now he is ready to drive. He doesn't have steering down yet at all, so he may have ran full out into the side of Travis truck...I couldn't help but laugh because he thought it was so funny!

I am excited to go home and get my kiddos and cook out tonight!

It is the small things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment