Pages

Friday, August 9

Hilton Head 2013


We FINALLY took a family vacation with just our family this summer. It was just a 4 day trip to Hilton Head, SC but it was so worth it and it made us realize how important it is to get away even if just for a few days. We ended up taking Tonka with us because of losing Rocko last time we went on vacation. It was harder with a 70lb dog traveling with us but we really enjoyed seeing him play on the beach. He was jumping in the waves just like the kids. We we busy the whole time we were there but had so much fun.

Teaching the kids to jump into the waves, digging sinking holes in the sand, trying to build sand castles, eating like we were royalty and really just enjoying time together as a family. We went on a dolphin tour and we were able to see about 200 dophins, it was amazing! Seeing my kids and husband relax and chill for the first time in a LONG time was so worth it. At one point Travis was on the beach watching me jump into the waves with the kids and he said that was totally worth seeing the smile on your face :) I loved seeing the beach through my kids eyes.

I walked out of the house without my camera, so my iphone had to do the job. Here is a little collage I put together of some of our vacation.



We plan to take a family trip every year now!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment