Pages

Thursday, August 15

Organization 101

I have SO much go on these days that I am having to try so hard to get organized and then stay that way! Most nights Travis isn't home until 8-9 and that means I am on my own juggling 2 kids and 4 animals. Yes only 3 animals live at our house, but I am at the barn 3x a week feeding there.

Here is a couple things I have found to really help me stay on track the last few weeks. I am going to try my best to keep it up!

Step 1: Routine-
A few weeks ago we started a nightly routine with Hayden that ends by him going to bed by 7 pm. A few nights into in and still today he keeps making it known that he needs to be in bed by 7. I have to do what's best for my kids but a 7 bed time is killing me! We now have no life whatsoever because I have to rush every evening to get him home, fed, bathed by 7. Some nights he doesn't even get to see Travis because he is working late. Kelsey is falling into the same routine just extended by 30-45 mins. We have seen a 360 turn in morning attitudes since they have been sleeping 9+ hours are night. (and the couple hours of alone/quiet time with my husband are really nice)

Step 2: Meal Planning-
One thing I knew I HAD to do what plan out our meals each week so I didn't have to stress after work trying to figure out what we are going eat. There are weeks I put down what day we eat what, but most weeks I plan meals depending on our schedules. I just pick 6 meals and write what I need for all of them to make sure I have everything at home. Some nights I don't get home until 6 so dinner has to be ready pronto...I have found either a meal thats already ready or leftovers are the best for those nights. The nights I get home earlier I have been able to cook a nice meal or even 2 so that if we have a busy night coming up dinner is covered. We have pizza usually once a week and then we normally go out on Friday or Saturday nights as a family.

Step 3: Clean House-
I am a freak about my house being clean if people are coming over. I will do a tornado clean even if i find out your pulling in the driveway :) So last weekend I scrubbed the entire house and go rid of all the extra clutter. Every night now I spend a few minutes picking up toys, putting away odd and ends, sweeping, vacuuming and all the other things I do. I love waking up every morning to a clean house and coming home at night to one. Hopefully this will make my weekend heavy cleaner easier also because it won't be as much to clean.

Step 4: Preparation-
This is just the 1st week of school and we have a long way to go...but every night I have gotten breakfast and lunch ready for the next day so the mornings are smoother. I make sure everyone has clothes out and ready also. Last year there were way to many mornings that involved me scrambling to make lunch and even digging clothes out of the hamper for Kelsey or Hayden to wear. I hope this helps keep me sane :)

I think that is it for now. I plan to do a update in a few months to see if this is working still or if I have had to change anything.

What things to you do to make your life easier day to day?

No comments:

Post a Comment