Pages

Monday, March 19

Tye Dye Cake

I am addicted to Pintrest. end of story.

I "pinned" this cake a while ago and thought, that would be cute, but it looks difficult. I saw some tye-dye cupcakes online this past week for St. Pattys day and decided to try to cake. I read on a blog (not sure which one) that I shoudl use 2 cake mixes to make the cake fuller, if you will.  This cake wasn't my idea, and I am not trying to steal the idea from anyone.

I had no motiviation on Saturday and really didn't want to make the cake but I wanted to at the same time. While Hayden was napping I decided what the heck, just do it.

I mixed the cake following the directions on the back of the box, I did each cake seperate so I it was easier to measure. I started off my measuring out 1 1/2 cups into individual bowls, but in the end I think it was closer to 2- 2 1/2 cups in each bowl. It wasn't perfectly measured out either, but it was ok. Then you put the batter in your cake pans. I was making 2 round cakes. The first pan I started with red and worked through my colors ending with purple. Then the next I started with purple and ended with red. I scooped about 1 cup of each color into the first pan...if i knew there was more batter of that color I added a little more. With the second pan I just used what I had left. One cake was fuller than the other, but that didnt matter to much. I wasn't sure on the baking time so I put them in for 30 mins and one cake was done the other wasn't. I put in back in for about 10 mins and it was fine. I let them cool put them on plates and frosted them later in the evening.

Here are the pictures of the cake before and after!


Batter all colored. I used: Red, yellow, green, blue and purple. The blue and purple were neon food coloring and they are very bright in the mix.
In the pans all ready to go!



Frosted Cake :O

Inside

Inside a little closer

Hayden loving his cake!

I am no chef or baker, but I have to give myself credit and say I did a really good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment