Pages

Thursday, March 24

Almost 1!

I have started planning little man Hayden's first birthday party! EKKK! I can't believe that it has almost been a year already.

I am going with a cowboy or western theme for his party. We are hoping and praying for good weather so we can be outside for it. I know Hayden won't remember it but we did a princess party for Kelsey's 1st birthday so and cowboy is just so us.

Right now I am planning on making his cake...again I need prayers! My best friend and I are going to attempt fondant for the first time. The picture I found online doesn't look to very difficult. The cake will be decorated to look like a pair of paint with a belt buckle done on the side. Then we are doing cupcakes, some decorated like cow faces and others with cow print on them.

The menu in my head was perfect (and cheap) got vetoed...so tell me what you think.
-Sloppy Joe's ( Travis went crazy and said no way! He wants Hamburgers/Hot dogs)
-Pasta/ Potato Salad
-Deviled Eggs
-7-bean baked bean (maybe not 7 beans but something like this)
-Chips
-Guacamole Bar
-Salsa and chips
-Texas Caviar with chips
Dessert:
-Smash cake
-Cupcakes
-Brownies
Drinks:
-Lemonade
-Tea
-Water bottles
- beer/wine maybe margaritas
I don't normally do soft drinks because they are so expensive and we don't need the left overs in our house. So I might just tell people that lemonade, tea and water is provided bring something if you don't want that...hmmm sounds kinda rude.

Anyway let me know what you think....

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like great fun! And, I think it's fine to just serve the water, tea, and lemonade. Nothing wrong with that. Good luck with the fondant; you are brave! Hope it turns out well. You'll have to post pictures of the final product.

    ReplyDelete