Pages

Tuesday, May 14

Motherhood Reflections

I really hate the feeling of tasks being un-finished. Something as simple as leaving dirty dishes in the sink at night or as huge as not finishing my college degree. This is the time every year I get these feelings..when I see pictures and hear about people graduating college, getting their dream jobs, getting married, buying houses, having babies. It always makes me think I messed up somewhere or that I am a failure.

Last week in the midst of all these feelings coming up Hayden had his 3rd birthday. I really can't believe my little man is now 3 years old. Then I started thinking of all the amazing things that have happen in my life the last 5-6 years. I have a wonderful husband and 2 amazing kids who love me no matter what.

I realized 2 common things that have been the same with both of my kids. When they turned 1, the bottle went bye bye and I was very diligent to get rid of it within a 2 month period. At 2 years old the pasi was taken away... it wasn't easy with either one of them, but after a couple sleepless nights we made it and stuck to our guns. And at by the time both Kelsey and Hayden turned 3 they were both potty trained fully during the day and night. After I thought about that I was pretty proud of myself and what I have become as a mother.

Then I look into their little faces and realize I am doing what I need to right now, they need me to be their mom right now. School and careers can wait they will always be waiting for me. My kids childhood won't. They are growing up faster than the blink of an eye and it isn't slowing down.

** So I know I have been absent a while... things are so busy around here! Between juggling work, kids being sick, end of the school year, barn, husband and household chores I barely have time to sit down! I hope to be around more in the next few weeks with some updates**

No comments:

Post a Comment